WHAT IS YOGA
The word "yoga" means yoke, or union.
Yoga is an integrated practice which brings all aspects of self -- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual -- into balance.
Yoga originated in India over 4,000 years ago, but has been practiced in the West only since the early part of this century, becoming very popular during the '60s and '70s. In North America, yoga has become a recognized system of self-discipline for lowering stress levels, reducing fatigue, improving overall health, promoting a sense of well-being and rekindling the awareness of the Self within.
Regular practice brings about:
- improved flexibility & muscle tone better balance and coordination
- a general toning and regulating effect on the internal organs regulation of the endocrine system
- calming and strengthening of the nervous system an awareness of inner strength and peace
- a higher level of energy
- a sense of joy in life itself
- a feeling of being in control of your own life